Monday, March 14, 2011

Sibling Spotlight

I wanted to take some time to do a little spotlight on each of my kids..This was the whole reason i wanted to Blog. I had planned on updating the world on Annabellas every achievement over her first year..obviously this did not happen!




Riley


So, i thought i would start at the top and fill you in on how Riley is doing. I can't believe that I actually have a 9 year old. He is growing up so fast! Riley is a very sweet compasionate boy. He is very sensitive. He is very smart. ( I know we all think our kid is brilliant but seriously he really is! )He makes straight a's in school and almost never gets in trouble. He did get in a fight this year and had to go to the principal. The truth is I was kinda proud. He is usually the kid who get picked on more than the one doing the picking...(unless it is with his brother, at that he is very good at provoking! lol)
Which brings me to my next point in topic. My kids are not perfect and that is the one thing that probably bothers me the most about Riley. He is always fighting with Nathaniel! uuuggghh it drives me crazy! I am really trying to focus on changing my kids heart not just their behaviors. I believe that their behavior comes from what is in their heart. So, if I can lead them to look at their heart then their behavior should in turn change right? So, i am really focusing on him getting along with his brothers. This is not an easy task. I have tried to explain that friends will come and go but a brother is forever..etc..etc.. but it still continues. Any ideas?
I just set up a special lego table for the two big boys that is for them only. Something they can bond over and share. But now all I hear is how so and so stole that piece from my lego or, i was going to use that piesce.blah blah blah....Okay back to the topic at hand.
Riley loves lego. He love science, anything at all. His favorite tv shows are mythbusters and otherstuff on the discovery channel! He likes playing on the computer and his current obsession is Speed Stacks. That is about as sportsy as he gets. He is a huge help to me, whenever Ben is gone he is definately the little man of the house!





6 comments:

Jena said...

Love your new blog!! It is so pretty and pink and your signature is very cool!! Riley is a special boy and I am so glad he is a big help to you when Ben is gone. As far as the fighting ... if you find the answer to that one you will be my hero forever!! Love you and great job!!

Unknown said...

Love the blog Christina! I had those intentions after quiting my job to stay home a full time mommy, but quickly realized what packed schedule one has as a mommy. I even had it up and runnning, had 4 entries before time got away. I was recently told about a book I just ordered today. Title: Shepherding the Heart of a Child by Tedd Tripp. I'm hoping it has answers for those questions as I'll have two boys fighting at some point I'm sure. Love the blog...keep it up. :)

Unknown said...

Love it! Can't wait for your updates!

Unknown said...

Love the new blog, Chris! Ahhh, what must it be like to raise 4 kids and still have time to blog!!?? You're my idol!
Love ya!

Hottest Husband said...

Wow you make cute kids! I'm so glad you've made time in your busy day to blog! That must mean laundry is done and the dishes are washed. LOL!

Vanessa Gooch said...

Love the new look! I like this post too, it is sure fun to learn more about Riley! If you learn the secret to getting them to stop fighting, let me know. Today I caught Zech trying to trip Genesis with a golf club as she was trying to walk down the stairs--my gosh (he was laughing hysterically as she was screaming her head off-ahhh!). It is a heart change and we always try and tell them how special they are to one another and how much they are blessed to have each other. One day I hope it sinks in! :o)

Can't wait for more posts! Love and miss ya!